Talk about a super easy weeknight meal! This came together so quickly and all we needed was fresh salsa, rotisserie chicken and tortillas!
Burritos are typically made with rice. This version is lightened by removing the rice and using only chicken, beans, salsa and cheese.
I don't have much to say about this--it's that easy. I might also be stuck on the deliciousness that were the browned banana bars. They were that good.
We didn't make any changes to the recipe.
You could keep all of the items in this recipe stocked in your house (thawing frozen chicken and cooking it over the weekend) to really make this a pantry-ingredient meal.
As of today's post, seventeen people gave this an average rating of four out of five.
SaBrina Bone, Cooking Light, December 2010
- YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burrito)
- TOTAL: 25 MINUTES
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1. Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in shredded chicken and green onions.
- 2. Combine beans and salsa. Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture and 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 burritos. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of burritos, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, and repeat procedure with the remaining 2 burritos.
- Amount per serving
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33.1g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 595mg
- Calcium: 137mg